12 Modern Throw Pillows for the Minimalist Home
Let’s talk about pillows.
MORE specifically, mudcloth and leather pillows. These are the “it” accessory for creating a modern and minimalist home and are probably the most underrated detail.
As I’ve started working with more designs, I realized not all throw pillows are created equal. I used to be the girl that would invest money into furniture and statement pieces but would skimp out on the finishing touches (which are really the most important part.) I’d get whatever was on the sale rack of Home Goods and wonder why the room wasn’t pulling together the way I wanted.
After scouring the internet for different styles of throw pillows, I felt I was partial to the following:
Natural and earthy color palettes always compliment a room best. The mix and match possibilities are endless and they don’t have to be boring! You can add texture and subtle patterns that will tie in with any aesthetic in a room.
I love accessories that blend modern style with time-tested technique. I shop on Etsy to buy original, one of a kind pieces that are crafted using local materials.
West-African inspired patterns draw on the rich textiles that are custom to these regions. Some say accent pillow, others say wall art. My favorite Mudcloth pillows can be found on the-citizenry.
- African Mudcloth pillow from ChloeandOlivePillows
- Black Mudcloth pillow from HUNTEDFOXshop
- Black stitched Mudcloth pillow from Abodeshoppe
- Rust lumbar pillow from HUNTEDFOXshop
- Cognac Leather Pillow from the-citizenry
- Demi Mudcloth from the-citizenry
- Sasha One of a Kind Pillow from Lulu and Georgia
- Alma Pillow from the-citizenry
- Dalmation pillow from Lulu and Georgia
- Boho Geometric throw pillow from Roostery
- Roya Pillow from the-citizenry
- Cactus Silk White Pillow from CB2
OH, and basically everything from Shop Hesby